Planting dates vary by crop. The average last date of frost in Hamilton the end of April / early May. So most things can go in the garden by then. There are even some hardier plants which could have been planted even three weeks ago. At the same time, there are some plants that need warm nights and days, not just absence of frost, and these shouldn’t yet be planted.
- Plants: Cabbage, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Onion (sets)
- Seeds: Spinach, Peas, Beets, Lettuce
Late April / Early May:
- Seeds: Chard, Carrots, Bush beans
- Plants: Peppers, Tomatoes
- Seeds: Melons, Zucchini, Cucumbers, Squash